Looking for something?
- I Don’t Know What I Am Doing Here
- An Empty House Across the Street
- Why I went to Law School
- WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?
- The World is Sketchy
- Right here; Right Now
- read this against a Tchaikovsky background music
- Let’s See How It Goes
- Take a Breath
- See You on the B-side Lou
- Forever Young
- One Person’s #MillionPeopleMarch
- The Huge List of Things I Love
- Five Coolest Hang Outs in Iloilo City
- The Best of Filipino Indie Films
- Seven Deadly Sins in Wearing Band Shirts
- Who is me?
- The Things I Would Do For Kilig
- Comic Geeks Had Withdrawal Syndromes Waiting for Watchmen
- Dear Charlie (A Friend's Response to the Letters in The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
- Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington, Not Just an Online Hype
- The Book With Most Depressing Ending: The Zahir by Paolo Coelho
- Ang Buhay Ko ay Kanta ng Eraserheads
- Help. I need someone to slap me whenever I say "Oh my god!" 8 hours ago
- I'm sorry your happiness just offends me. 10 hours ago
- AND SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES TOO. 10 hours ago
- OMG I CAN GO TO MOROCCO WITHOUT A VISA 10 hours ago
- Philippines is like a one big hot oven right now, 11 hours ago
Tag Archives: music
So I got to talk to one of my favorite musicians. I tried to be normal but it was damn hard.
Me and my friends run a local zine where we talk about things that we all like, well mostly things that we don’t like (and we finally got a blog! yaay). It is an eight year old zine but I only got to join them last year. Cool bunch. I felt cool by association.
Anyway, Franco Reyes visited to rock the opening of 55 Tinta in Iloilo. It was one of the loudest gigs I have attended, probably because of the mixed genre of artist who performed. Franco also had a gig n Bacolod that week and we offered to drive him to the port.
We had to pretend that we are not setting him up for an interview but I guess famous musicians are prepared for that habitual “we’ll be your ride but we are not telling you that we will ambush interview you”. So we took the farthest route possible and eventually ran out of questions to ask him. I personally have prepared a lot of questions but they all mentally escaped me when I closed the backseat door. My problem when I talk is thinking about what to say next, my mouth goes blank along with my mind. Plus, I worry about my accent(play the audio file for a horrendous example). Many jokes where conjured because of my accent. To my horror, Franco also has a more distinct accent.
Overall, it went quite awkward, as expected. The bottomline is I get to talk to one of the most mysterious musicians in the Philippines, at a back of a jam-packed car in a rainy afternoon. You can tell this to my thirteen year old self who was watching Almost Famous.
Originally posted on SNEEZE:
Franco Reyes is an intriguing musician. His music seems like a remnant of the 90′s thrown in with hints of previous eras making it ear-friendly to a varied type of listeners. So when Sneeze had a chance to drive him to the port for his Bacolod gig, we let him and his road manager step into the backseat of our office. Of course we have to ask him questions.
Sneeze: First question, nacurious kami sa influences mo. Who/what are your influences? In terms of music.
Sneeze: There’s no specific artist?
Franco: Dami. Mas nagugustuhan ko yung mga lumang genre, reggae, blues, Afro-Cuban music, basta mga luma mas romantic kasi tapos nostalgic din at influential talaga siya.
Franco: Artists? Dami din. Kung sa blues Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters. Yung era din ng grunge music, yung Soundgarden, Alice in Chains.
Sneeze: Pearl Jam?
Franco: Pearl Jam, mga ganun.
Sneeze: Kasi first time kong…
View original 407 more words
“Hi,” she said,
Oh how low I felt,
“Hi,” I said,
And you tapped my head,
Your hand was heavy,
Her smile was sunny,
I sank on my seat,
Like it was a safety net,
My coffee has gone colder,
It tasted so bitter,
My smile was crude,
She leaned on you,
Parking lot was a better view,
Here comes the rain,
She asked you what’s my name,
I laughed so hard,
But I was raising my brow.
*I made this poem previously.
**I also made that mixtape cover and this playlist but 8tracks won’t set it public.