This blog was born out of the endless need to know thyself. I stumbled upon an awesome blog and saw a list and thought it was a good idea. Here’s my own list.
1. Coffee in the afternoon, with friends or with a good movie or book. But just like the greatest loves in history and literature my love for coffee is forbidden.
2. Walking. Preferably in the rain, without raincoats or umbrella.
3. Tea when I’m depressed. Coffee is my love, tea is my bitch. Coffee makes me overflow with ideas, tea empties the stressful residue of those ideas.
4. Listening to Radiohead with the lights out. Try to play Kid A and close your eyes, notice how you can still see the lights.
5. Spontaneously sleeping on the couch, sometimes I wake up to my phone full of photos of me sleeping. I have good room mates.
6. Romantic Comedies. This is probably the girliest thing about me. I giggle and grin at the silliest romantic comedies. I love romance centered films and TV shows; Dawson’s Creek, Annie Hall, Before Sunrise etc.
7. Riding in buses with open windows. Don’t you just love the wind on your face?
8. Spontaneous conversations. I was buying comics at a Book Sale and a guy behind me asked about the comics that I bought and so I went on and blabbered about Marvel’s “Runaways”.
9. Sunsets. Watching the buildings melt like the clock in a Salvador Dali painting is so relaxing. Watching it with friends and talking about life is even more relaxing.
10. The Beatles. All you need is love and a Beatles song.
11. Saturday morning on the beach. I love swimming because it allows me to completely shut the world up. Although I have forgotten how it feels like I love Saturday mornings and how it give you a chance not to think about deadlines and being late.
12. Twitter. This might sound a little sad but Twitter is my best friend that listens and never talks back.
13. Attending gigs. Good music, good fun and occasionally cute guys.
14. My niece’s laugh. She’s one year old and when she laughs everything in this world seems fun.
15. Singing in the restroom. One indication that I am in a good mood is if you catch me singing inside the rest room. Damn, I sound like Fiona Apple when I’m in there.
16. Travelling. This is the love that I have to work on to get. I dream to go to South Africa, Vietnam, Spain, US and Paris.
17. Elijah Wood. I get obsessed with a lot of celebrities but Elijah Wood stands out as the guy who I want to be BFF’s with. Bum on the couch and watch movies, play games, listen to mixtapes. He seems like that kind of guy.
18. Saying “good morning” out loud.
19. Showers. Showers are holy. It’s like “yes, I’m sad and all but after this I’m going to smell fresh”.
20. Jackets. Jackets are hug replacements.